The law regulating shareholders’ and directors’ activities are complex, imposing significant duties on directors in terms of how they manage a company and; in some circumstances, directors can be personally liable.
Our litigation team can quickly get to the core of any business dispute issue and set out the various options that are available.
Our specialist business dispute solicitors have extensive experience in all aspects of business disputes and have advised on a wide range of issues including:
- Directors fiduciary duties (for example, the duty to act in good faith in the best interests of the company)
- Derivative claims (claims brought by shareholders on behalf of a company)
- Directors’ disqualification
- Share purchase/pre-emption rights
- Minority rights
- Personal liability/exemption of liability
- Guarantees over the matrimonial home
- Shadow Directors
- Corporate manslaughter
- Rights and duties of partners
Wherever possible, our team of business dispute solicitors use our experience in negotiation and mediation to resolve disputes as professionally and effectively as possible without having to resort to the Courts. If a negotiated settlement cannot be reached however, we will skillfully guide and assist you throughout any litigation process, either by issuing or defending a claim.
Altion Law are specialists at advising and representing parties with Business Disputes. If you would like to have a confidential discussion with a member of our team, please complete our Contact Us Form, and we will call you back at a time that is suitable for you or you can contact us directly on 01908 414990.