Is Your Company Behind With HMRC PAYE, NIC And VAT Payments?

If you do not pay your tax or VAT on time, you will have to pay interest on the outstanding amount. You may also have to pay a penalty or surcharge. Do not hesitate to contact Altion Law for guidance and advice if you are struggling. Altion Law litigators have experience in negotiating with such matters as finding you have got behind with HMRC PAYE NIC and VAT Payments.

Are you having difficulties in paying VAT?

You might be able to set up a payment plan to pay in installment with HMRC. You’ll need a Government Gateway account to do this.

You will have to pay interest if you pay late. However, you may avoid penalties by contacting HMRC as soon as possible.

Altion Law has created a separate guide on how to improve your businesses chances to obtain a payment plan from HMRC or being approved to have additional time to pay.  Please see our Guide To Obtaining More Time to Pay HMRC VAT And Other Taxes.

What They Call  ‘A Time To Pay Arrangement’

HMRC may offer the company extra time to pay if they think you genuinely cannot pay in full but will be able to pay in the future. Time To Pay arrangements allows companies to pay outstanding corporation tax, PAYE/NI or VAT liabilities by way of agreed installments via direct debit method. The plan may last either 6 or 12 months or slightly longer. The company will have to pay interest on the amount which is paid late.

It is important to keep these payments up to date and pay other taxes on time. If you do not, HMRC will normally cancel the arrangement and take legal action against the company straight away.

If you want time to pay or having difficulties in paying VAT then you may call HMRC on telephone number on 0300 200 3835. It’s open from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, and from 8am till 4pm at weekends. If you were unsuccessful in reaching an agreement with HMRC then, Call Us at Altion Law Solicitors so that we can assist you.

Are you having difficulties paying NI/PAYE or other HMRC taxes?

If you’re having trouble paying PAYE and National Insurance on time, then the tax penalty regime can make the situation much worse and put you into further trouble. PAYE penalty amounts increase over a tax year, depending on the number of defaults, HMRC will charge interest on overdue amounts from the due date to the date the business eventually pays.

If you cannot pay what you own, HMRC can:

  • Collect what you owe through your earnings or pension
  • Ask debt collection agencies to collect the money
  • Take things you own and sell them
  • Take money directly from your bank account or building society
  • Take you to court
  • Make you bankrupt or close down your business

Our team can assist you if you have concerns about liability as a director may impact your business or future business opportunities. If you would like to have a confidential discussion with a member of our team, please complete our Contact Us Form, and we will call you back at a time that is suitable for you or you can contact us directly on 01908 414990.