UK VAT registered businesses are required to account for VAT each quarter. Businesses are able to offset the sums they receive in from the sum they pay out.  They are accountable to HMRC for the difference.

Input tax is the VAT you pay to your supplier on the purchase of goods or services supplied to your business.

Output tax is the VAT you charge your customers on the sale of your goods or services to your customers.

“Well done. FIRST CLASS SERVICE. I will recommend your company to my clients”.

Where a business received more VAT from their sales (output tax) than they paid to their suppliers (input tax), that difference must be paid to HMRC.

Where a business paid more VAT to their suppliers (input tax) than they received from their customers in sales (output tax), that business is usually able to claim the difference back from HMRC.

Make An Enquiry Today

Altion Law are specialists at advising and representing parties who are in dispute with HMRC in relation to VAT. If you would like to have a confidential discussion with a member of our team, please either make an Online Enquiry or call us directly on 01908 414990 and we will be pleased to help you.

“Professional and honest service who certainly know their business. Kept informed all of the time and it was smooth successful process”.

Back To VAT